100 Things About Me
- I'm a Scorpio born on November 6, 1955.
- So was my father and his twin brother, though they were
born on different days. Uncle Johnny was born on November
14 and Dad the next day.
- I'm a Montana chauvinist though I don't eat huckleberry
products any more after reading an essay by Annick Smith
about how commercial production is ruining the huckleberry
- I graduated from Rocky Mountain College in Billings,
Montana, in 1990.
- I have two sons.
- Zen is thirteen. He's a Taurus born on April 30.
- Zen's Papa, Bob, is a Libra.
- Zen was born at home in my spare time...he was a VBAC
and weighed 10-1/2 pounds.
- Kevin is sixteen. He's a Capricorn born on January 17.
- Kevin was born by C-section.
- My mother was born on January 21, so she's an Aquarius.
- Kevin's father, Charles Briggs, is a Libra with two
- My sweetheart of eight years, Tim Pool, is a Libra with
two Libra daughters.
- My new sweetheart is a Capricorn.
- And a geologist, which redefines how you read the landscape
when you're with him.
- It's like telling time VERY slowly.
- I have a brother, Dave, who is a radiologist in Billings,
Montana. You can find out about his at http://david.lehnherr.com.
I also built him a site for his birthday, The
- His son, my nephew, Toff, was born on July 3 and he
is the funniest human being alive.
- I'm a born-again skier.
- I love to read. Anything at all. Too many books I love
to list here but I read almost anything written by a Montanan.
- I've been married three times and divorced four times.
- I got married the first time when I was sixteen on June
23, 1972, to Timothy Ray Buhmann in Bozeman, Montana,
at the Episcopalian Church. He left me for a younger woman;
she was sixteen, I was seventeen.
- I got married the second time when I was eighteen on
August 23, 1974, to Benjamin Joseph Royland in Great Falls,
Montana, at the library.
- I got married the third time when I was twentynine
on September 2, 1984, to Neil Halprin on his 33rd birthday
in Missoula, Montana, at the Unity Center.
- I got divorced by Zen's father in May of 1990.
- Nobody loves the movies more than I do. Nobody. There's
a list of my favorite movies somewhere around here.
- I feel political action is the only way to accomplish
long term goals. I put my money and my time where my mouth
is on this issue. I'm a dedicated Democrat.
- All this emphasis on dates -- maybe you can tell I really
- I'm part Swiss, part French, and a little English.
- I find myself saying De gustibus non est disputantum
- I love listening to music, too. I've been listening
to public radio since 1976.
- My favorite station is KUFM.
- I like the opera and Prairie Home Companion the best
-- oh, and Zed's show on Wednesday afternoons, Dancing
with Tradition, and Jon Jackson's jazz show on Thursday
- I just discovered the Grateful Dead and I've applied
for official status as a Deadhead.
- I really like to swim.
- And watch the stars.
- Soaking in Wayne's hot tub in Marysville combines the
best of these two.
- Dancing is something I love to do, too.
- Bellydancing is just an extension of that. Except I
get to dress up and yell Yi! Yi! Yi! at the top
of my lungs.
- I like to do anything that has to do with white water,
actually. Ski, sail, just get me on the water.
- Making love is an art I like to practice -- a lot.
- And I do it for peace...check out my Blow
Job A Day site.
- I wear glasses.
- Getting Raybans is the highlight of my glasses wearing
- I'm always losing my glasses.
- I'm a food fascist...which means I care about what I
- I'm always looking for food adventures, especially if
they involve chocolate.
- I love what I do...building web sites.
- I don't like to drive with other people in the car.
- I don't like to drive much anyway.
- My car is a beat up maroon 1976 Volvo that cost $300.
- Bicycles, though, are fun, especially when they're a
- Especially when you're on the railroad bed above Butte.
- I've been on the Internet since 1989.
- I love to play games.
- Like Scrabble, "Pennies" and "Spite and
- I'm fascinated by Mint Bars because there are so many
of them around.
- I don't think there will be anything for me in a retirement
- I only drink a little Bailey's Irish Cream now and again.
- I've had one beer since I was eighteen years old.
- I don't think I've ever lasted more than eighteen months
on a job.
- My house was built in 1887 in the red light district
of Helena, Montana.
- My best friend, Buttons Greear, died in 1979 after being
strangled by an irrigation system.
- I visit her grave in Livingston, Montana, whenever I
- I once got engaged to two guys at one time. That was
- That's not the only stupid thing I have ever done.
- I think I've been engaged -- not counting the guys I
married -- about seven times.
- Maybe I have commitment issues?
- The unexamined life is not worth living -- I wish I
could always stay in therapy.
- Depression runs in our family; my grandma has been hospitalized
- So does obsessive compulsive disorder, but we turn it
into a high functioning philosophy.
- I like to go camping.
- Water skiing is fun, too.
- So are go-carts.
- And fireworks -- big explosions are a blast!
- I like Macromedia's Fireworks a lot, too.
- My father was a gambler.
- So was Tim.
- I HATE gambling.
- But I buy a lottery ticket twice a week.
- I won $5000 in the lottery a couple of years ago.
- I gave most of it to Tim but bought myself a subscription
to the New Yorker. I really like to read the New Yorker
every Wednesday after it comes.
- Especially if I can sit out in the yard and admire my
- Weeding my garden is great therapy.
- When I was in the throes of adolescent Sylvia Plath
madness, I didn't think there was anything worth living
for. Now there's so much.
- And time moves a lot faster now. What's with that?
- I always fall asleep in movies with time travel. It's
just too confusing a concept for me to grasp.
- One of my goals in life is to own a big Russell Chatham
- I love art, too.
- I've spent six whole days in New York's Metropolitan
Museum and never seen the whole thing.
- All this culture and so little mention of my kids. But
I love 'em.
- There are lots of people I love.
- Ann Prunuske, Jules Chriske, Dina Stephenson, David
Thompsen, Bobbi Niles, especially.
- Folfing is way high on my list of favorite things to
- I'm not very good at it.
- But I don't really care.
- I'm not very good at anything I do physically but I
love to do it.
- I still wonder if there's a God. I think He/She must
have a terrific sense of humor.
- Sailboarding is going to be my next great challenge.
- Then I'm sure I'll find something else.